From flickr user departing(YYZ) licensed under creative commons
Yes internets, today I turned forty years old. Somehow I never thought it would happen. I remember being twenty five. I remember being thirty seven. Each time forty seemed so far away but here I am. I celebrated by dyeing the grey out of my hair and doing laundry. My life is exciting. What do I think about turning forty. I don’t think this is how I imagined my life when I was forty. But frankly I never have really had a plan or ambitions for my life. My only ambition has been to be a writer. Which hasn’t happened. It’s a complete mystery to me as to why I am not a famous novelist. Oh yeah I have never finished a novel.
So I spent today coming up with a “bucket list”. Things I want to do and places I want to go.
So in no particular order:
- Finish a novel
- Live in a different town (I’ve been living in the same town since I was eighteen)
- Live in another country (I am not sure how long it takes for it to be considered living in another country)
- Write a piece of open source software that people actually use
- Papua New Guinea/Borneo ( I joke that I think these place are fictitious and are just made up on maps)
- Galapagos Islands
- I want to go back to Paris and London
- Poland (The Homeland )
Update: I forgot to mention that I broke my string of celebrating my birthday in another country. The streak ended at one year.